Control your spykee with fingers
Today I want to show you how to control your Spykee using your finger movements.
What you need:
A green tape to wrap around your fingers.
I wrote a simple cascade filter which:
- filter from RGB only green channel with proper hue and saturation,
you need to tune this according to your camera parameters
- run a median filter
- track the 2 biggest squared blobs on the left and right side
- build a simple visual panel to identify your blobs
- transform the coordinates of the blobs to motor commands
- send the motor commands over wireless to spykee
You can download the code here:
I made some simple videos on how it works:
Because I have only 1 camera I tried to mix a video with the control tracking and the Spykee camera.
This is what I get, I’ll try to borrow another camera to make a better video soon.